- You can order your prescriptions over the internet using SystmOnline. This is the safest and quickest way for you to place your order. Visit our appointments page or ask the reception for more information.
- Patients can call into the surgery or post your request with a stamped, self-addressed envelope. You can send your request through via email to email@example.com
- We have a dedicated telephone number for elderly and housebound patients to order their prescriptions. The number is 01274 503642 and is available Mon – Fri 10.30am – 1.30pm.
Allow 48 hours’ notice when ordering prescriptions
Please allow 48 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed. Any problems please telephone the surgery.
Did you know you can book medication review appointments with our nurses as well as with the GPs? This means that you now have an even greater choice of appointment times to come and have your medication checked.
An important message from Boots Pharmacy
To allow us to give you the best possible service please allow 72 hours between ordering your repeat prescription and collecting it from the pharmacy.
If this causes you any difficulties please speak to a member of staff who will be happy to help.
Prescriptions charges and exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
From 1 April 2021, prescription charges are:
- Prescription (per item): £9.35 per individual item
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030.
Buy or renew a PPC online.
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.