We have a dedicated phone number for patients to call for their test results:
This number is available Mon – Fri 10.30am – 1.30pm.
If you prefer, you can receive your results via our text messaging service.
The results will be sent to your mobile phone as soon as we receive them in the surgery.
- Test results can vary in the time they take to come back to the practice – this can be anything from 24 hours to 10 days
- X-rays and ultrasound scan results can take 2 to 3 weeks to be reported
- When you take your test you will be told how long it will be before the results are returned to the practice
- It is your responsibility to check your results and to make an appointment to discuss them with your doctor if you are advised to do so
Note that the practice has a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection and we will only release test results to the person to whom they relate unless that person has given prior permission for the release of this data or they are not capable of understanding the results.
Dropping off samples
- All samples, either for testing at the surgery or sent to the lab, need to be in before 12pm
- This will ensure they are processed the same day and sent to the lab if necessary
- We do not have facilities to store samples overnight